The IA2 brain health team continues our busy days. Special highlights from this month:
- Last week’s virtual pilot of Dementia Friends for American Indian and Alaska Native Communities information session gave us 11 new Dementia Friends! We have 12 folks signed up to become Dementia Friends Champions too.
- Our Executive Committee met and talked about ideas for future products and a path to tribal leader resource development and engagement.
- Staff began work on a resource to provide tips to state and local health department staff to help with authentic engagement and resource adaptation with tribal and Alaska Native communities.
- Prep for several dementia and brain health presentations and posters to be presented at the ACL Title VI training and technical assistance conference is underway. Registration is free and open to the public.
- IA2 continues to offer an amazing, evolving Brain Health Resource Library for American Indian and Alaska Native community-focused resources. Be sure to check out:
- >>NEW: 2022 Facts and Figures on Dementia, Mild Cognitive Impairment, and Early Diagnosis with Highlights for Native Communities
- >>NEW: American Indian and Alaska Native Community Health Communications Survey Results
- Follow our Facebook page for campaigns and resources and please share within your circle to help us spread the word.
- We are very excited to be welcoming new members to our team! A huge welcome to both Jazmine and Breana. You can read more about them below.
- Be sure to follow IA2 on social media. You can check us out on Twitter for future campaigns and social media messages we invite you to borrow and re-use.
IA2 continues to offer print-on-demand stipends of $250 for flyers and posters from the IA2, ASTHO, and National Council for Urban Indian Health (NCUIH) suite of materials developed with funding from the CDC.