Online Caregiver Support Group Facilitator – HFC + IA2 Collaboration
HFC and The International Association for Indigenous Aging are seeking mental health professionals (LCSW, MSW, LPC, LMHC, LCPC, LPCC, LCMHC, LMHP, or similar) to join the HFC team of contracted providers to help run HFC’s nonclinical groups for family caregivers. The goal of HFC’s support groups is to provide emotional, social, cultural, and/or educational support to Alzheimer’s or related dementia family caregivers. In the role of Support Group Facilitator, individuals may be responsible for general caregiver groups or specific groups such as adult children, spouses/partners, long-distance, young caregivers etc. All groups are held virtually, therefore the position is fully-remote.
- Experience with dementia as a family member or health care professional preferred;
- Ability to be empathic and separate personal needs from group needs. Strong listening skills and effective communication skills;
- Ability to redirect and facilitate discussion as well as fulfill the duties and responsibilities as described in the Facilitator Agreement;
- Ability to create and maintain a safe environment where participants’ thoughts and feelings are valued and group members are treated with fairness, equity and respect;
- Passionate about HFC and IA2’s mission;
- Advanced degree, license or credentials in counseling, mental health, or social work or in a related field;
- Demonstrates integrity strives for excellence in their work
For more information, click the link below!