Safe Exit Button
What It Does: Our website features a discreet safe exit button, strategically placed at the bottom left corner of your screen. Pressing this button or hitting the ‘Escape (Esc)’ key twice within 5 seconds quickly redirects you to a benign website, while simultaneously opening a grocery shopping site in a new tab. This feature is designed to help you leave our site swiftly and subtly, minimizing the chance of someone noticing your visit.
Limitations & Workarounds:
- History Trace: Although the button avoids creating a direct history entry, savvy individuals may still check browser history. We recommend regularly clearing your browser history after each session.
- Pop-up Blockers: Some browsers block new tabs from opening. Please ensure pop-ups are enabled for our site.
- Network Speeds: The speed of redirecting and opening a new tab can vary based on your internet connection.
Essential Online Safety Practices
- Incognito Mode: Use your browser’s private or incognito mode when visiting sensitive websites. This mode doesn’t save your browsing history, cookies, or site data.
- Clearing Browser History: Make it a habit to clear your browsing history, cookies, and cache frequently. This step is critical to leaving no digital traces behind.
- Using Safe Devices: Whenever possible, use devices that your abuser does not have access to. Public computers, like those in a library, can be safer options.
- Creating Safe Accounts: Use email and social media accounts unknown to the abuser. Ensure that these accounts have strong, unique passwords.
- Secure Wi-Fi Connections: Avoid using shared or easily accessible Wi-Fi networks for sensitive browsing. If you must, using a VPN can help mask your online activities.
- Be Mindful of Shared Accounts: Be cautious of any accounts (like Netflix or email) shared with the abuser. They can track your activity through these.
- Regular Password Changes: Regularly change your passwords and avoid using predictable passwords or those you have used before.
- Avoid Saving Passwords: Do not save passwords on shared or easily accessible devices.
- Physical Security: Keep your devices secure and out of reach from the abuser. Consider using passcodes or biometric locks.
- Emergency Exit Planning: Know how to quickly close or hide windows and tabs. Keyboard shortcuts like ‘Alt+F4’ for Windows or ‘Command+Q’ for Mac can quickly close the current window.
Understanding Digital Footprints
Every online activity leaves a digital footprint. Be aware of the traces you leave – from browsing history to social media posts. Minimize these footprints by avoiding sharing personal information or details that could hint at your location or activities.
If you are in a situation that requires immediate help, consider reaching out to local support services, helplines, or trusted friends. Planning and having a discreet communication channel can be crucial.
Disclaimer: This guide offers general advice and may not cover all scenarios. For personalized advice, please contact us.