Want to champion the dementia friends movement?
Dementia Friends information sessions are facilitated by volunteer Champions who have participated in Champion training. This will equip you with the knowledge and activities needed to facilitate Dementia Friends Information Sessions with family, friends, colleagues, and the wider community.
Upcoming Dementia Friends Champion Tranings!
No events in the next 2 weeks, check back soon!
Roles and Responsibilities
- To promote Dementia Friends throughout your own networks and communities.
- To organize your time, deciding when, and where you are available to lead a minimum of four Dementia Friends sessions per year (in collaboration with the Master Champion, if applicable)
- To act as an ambassador for Dementia Friends, treating everyone with respect and dignity.
- To represent the views of Dementia Friends by following the Champion’s Guide and Session Workbook.
- To describe Dementia Friends sessions as information sessions rather than “trainings,” so that participants will have accurate expectations.
- To read more about the role and responsibilities click here.