Provided by the UNCW Gerontology Program in the College of Health and Human Services
The University of North Carolina Wilmington, College of Health & Human Services have compiled a Dementia Resource Compendium. This selection of free web-based resources was compiled by Anne P. Glass, Ph.D., Gerontology Program Coordinator of February 2018.
Dementia Care Practice Recommendations included from:
The Alzheimer’s Association Dementia Care Practice Recommendations were
released and published in The Gerontologist (Jan. 2018).
This guide covers a number of topics with resources regarding dementia including:
- Dementia Care Practice Recommendations
- Understanding Dementia From the Inside
- Supporting Individuals with Dementia
- Dementia Friendly Community
- Being a Caregiver
- Medication Issues
- Videos for Caregivers
- International Design Ideas
- End-of-Life Care
- Policy and Projected Costs
- For Healthcare Professionals
- Is it Dementia?
- What is Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI)?
- Organization Websites
- Local Resources