A set of three 8 1/s x 11 flyers provided in two color options that provides tips for caregiver self-care and brain health games.
The following are ways caregivers can practice self-care:
- Self-Compassion: Treat yourself with the same kindness as you would a good friend
- Breath Awareness: Stop what you’re doing, relax, close your eyes, slow your breathing, and focus on each breath for 10 minutes
- Mind-Body: Try a mind-body practice like yoga, tai chi, meditation, and deep relaxation techniques
- Eating and Sleeping: Eat well and create a routine to get more restful sleep
- Social Connection: Stay in touch with family and friends. Find support through caregiver support groups.
This list was adapted from Harvard Health, click here for original content.
Practice the following to reduce stress:
- Accept help when offered
- Focus on what you can do, don’t dwell on what you cannot
- Set goals that you can meet
- Get connected to resources in your community
- Join a virtual or in-person support group
- Stay in touch with family and friends
- Set personal health goals
- Don’t forget to take care of your own health
This list was adapted from the Mayo Clinic, click here for original content.
Consider the following activities to support your own memory and mental health
- Beading or jewelry making
- Drumming / making music
- Complete crossword puzzles
- Create art
- Work on a puzzle
- Play cards
- Play sudoku