About this event
The So’ Tsoh Foundation is pleased to present Dementia Friends. Dementia Friends is a global movement that is changing the way people think, act, and talk about dementia.
Developed by the Alzheimer’s Society in the United Kingdom, the Dementia Friends movement is now spreading through the United States. By helping everyone in a community understand what dementia is and how it affects people, each of us can make a difference for people touched by dementia. Certificate of Participation given.
In this session you will:
- Get a general understanding of what dementia is
- Learn the most common type of dementia
- Focus on adopting a mindset to create a dementia-friendly and inclusive community
- Understand five key messages about dementia
- Learn tips for communicating with people with dementia
- Choose an action step that you will take as part of becoming a Dementia Friend