The International Association for Indigenous Aging, a 501(c)3 non-profit educational association, works to:
(1) Ensure the provision of appropriate and quality services and resources for indigenous elders;
(2) Expand opportunities for elders’ involvement in environmentalism, community participation, health maintenance, volunteerism/civic engagement, consumerism, senior enterprise;
(3) Enhance the protection of the rights of elders including their freedom from abuse and neglect and their right to autonomy;
(4) Educate the public, policymakers and practitioners about the status of indigenous elders; and
(5) Improve the status of older people worldwide, especially indigenous populations.